Once you’ve found a few possibilities, it’s essential to ask questions to make sure that your heli-skiing trip is fun and safe. Here’s a good list of questions to ask a heli-skiing operator:
- How much will the entire trip cost me?
- Is there any extra charges I will have to pay?
- Will I be notified about safety and condition information?
- How many skiers will be in my group?
- Is lodging included?
- How many runs will I get in one day?
- When’s the best time to take a tour?
- What season is best for powder/glade skiing?
More Tips for Heli-Skiing
- Pack warm clothing, but make sure you bring extra layers in case the weather changes.
- Don’t forget your gloves, mittens, and other accessories. ( An extra pair of gloves and goggles comes in handy )
- Bring your helmet and goggles. Now isn’t the time to skimp on safety items!
- When you’re totaling the possible cost for heli-skiing, don’t forget to add in air fare, hotel fees, and the money you’ll spend at restaurants or stores.
- One of the most important things you have to remember is that you shouldn’t be afraid to ask questions. Whether you’re asking your pilot, your guide, or even the person who answers the phone when you call about heli-skiing, getting answers will make sure trip is fun, challenging, and safe as possible.